Drs. Whitehair and Gose provide the expertise to serve you and your horses.
We provide a full range of services including:
- Reproductive management including breeding soundness examinations for mares and stallions, reproductive ultrasound imaging for ovulation prediction and pregnancy detection, uterine culture and biopsy
- Artificial insemination of fresh, chilled, or frozen semen
- Stallion collection and phantom training
- Shipping fresh chilled and frozen semen
- Semen freezing
- Embryo transfer
- Diagnostic laboratory services including foal IgG SNAP, complete blood panels, Coggins
- Plasma administration for foals with failure of passive transfer
- Lameness evaluation and radiology services
- Tendon ultrasound
- Prepurchase examination
- Routine surgical procedures e.g. cryptorchid, hernia repair, laceration repair.
- Pneumatic dentistry
- Preventative health services including a special program that gives the horse owner significant discounts on all equine vaccine, dewormer, and preventative health care services.
Dr. Whitehair performs a dental
on a miniature horse.
Dr. Gose ultrasounds the tendons of a lame horse.
Dr. Gose ultrasounds a mare with
intra-uterine fluid accumulation.
The AAH veterinarians provide many services for cattle producers including:
- Primary diagnosis and care for ill individuals
- Obstetrical services and fertility diagnostics
- Preventative health planning
- Diagnostic and surgical services
- Nutritional ration evaluation
- Reproductive examinations and ultrasonography
- Production records analysis
Dr. Michael Whitehair (KSU '74)and Dr. Jon Gose (KSU '03) provide diagnostic, surgical, and medical services for our bovine and equine clients. Dr. Whitehair comes from a cattle background, giving him an understanding of the industry as a whole. Dr. Whitehair is a past president of the Kansas Veterinary Medical Association, is active in the Academy of Veterinary Consultants and is a Member of the House Advisory Committee of the American Veterinary Medical Association. Dr. Whitehair is also a member of the American Association of Bovine Practitioners. These associations help keep him in touch with the latest technologies associated with stocker/feeders, beef cow/calf and dairy industries. Dr. Gose has primary interest in equine reproduction, lameness evaluation and equine medicine/surgery. Assisted reproductive technologies such as freezing semen and embryo transfer, along with ultrasound diagnostic imaging techniques, provide advanced technical capabilities to offer equine clients. Dr. Gose is a member of the American Association of Equine Practitioners as well as a member of the American Veterinary Medical Association.