The Abilene Animal Hospital, PA was founded in 1946 by Dr. Frank W. Jordan. Dr. Jordan was a Beloit native who received his degree in veterinary medicine in 1939 from Kansas State University. He spent 1 year as a professor in the veterinary science department at Mississippi State College and then entered the United States Army in 1940. After his discharge from the service in 1945 he returned to Abilene where he owned and operated the Abilene Animal Hospital until his retirement in 1975. Dr. Jordan was president of the Kansas Veterinary Medical Association in 1955, Kansas Veterinarian of the Year in 1960, and received the KVMA Distinguished Service Award in 1972. Dr. Jordan was also well known for his community activities and philanthropic support of Kansas State University as well as local charities.
Dr. Frank R. Jordan received his degree in veterinary medicine from Kansas State University in 1964 and then joined the United States Air Force. After his discharge in 1966 he returned to Abilene to join in practice with his father. He became a partner in the practice with Dr. Mike Whitehair in 1975 upon his father's retirement. Dr. Jordan retired from practice in January 2003 and was named Kansas Veterinarian of the year that same year.
Dr. F.W. Jordan, who founded Abilene Animal Hospital in 1945, is now deceased (2007). Dr. Frank R. Jordan lives in Abilene and spends much of his retirement time staying very active in promoting the community of Abilene.