Dr. F. W. Jordan (ret) founded the Abilene Animal Hospital in 1945 following his military career. Graduating from Kansas State University in 1939, Frank first taught at Mississippi State University and then entered the US Army Veterinary Corps. Here he taught meat and hygiene school in Chicago, rising to the rank of Major. With primary emphasis on food producing animal medicine, the staff grew to include his son, Dr. F. R. Jordan and numerous other veterinarians over the years. After his retirement in 1975, Frank Jordan and his wife Gwen continued, through leadership and encouragement, the emphasis on high quality veterinary medical care that was the hallmark of his practice life. He passed away in Abilene in 2007.